You can connect your phone via Bluetooth to Jeep Wrangler using Jeep’s Uconnect multimedia system. It allows you to stream music, take hands-free calls, and get directions to navigate.
Taking the first drive on your Wrangler, you may think about how to connect your phone to Jeep Wrangler to add some thrill to your journey. But sometimes you cannot figure out how to pair your gadget to the car or somehow pairing doesn’t go the way it should.
So, here is the complete tutorial to connect your phone and Uconnect Jeep and troubleshoot connectivity issues.
Table of Contents
How to Connect the phone to Uconnect Jeep Step-By-Step?
Uconnect is a built-in system in Chrysler brands like Jeep, Ram, Wagoneer, and FIAT. It allows the drivers to connect their phones to the car, offering a wide range of connectivity, entertainment and navigation services.
You can connect any Bluetooth-enabled device like an iPhone or Android gadget, etc. Its setup is so quick and easy that you can perform it in under one minute. The steps are as follows;
1. Turn on Bluetooth on your mobile device. Also, start your vehicle and turn the Uconnect screen on.
2. Press the phone button to open the settings. A prompt to add a device will appear. After you press yes, your vehicle system will become discoverable by mobile.
3. Select your Jeep from the phone’s Bluetooth menu and tap “pair.”
4. A PIN will appear on the Jeep screen; match it with the one on your phone and press ok.
5. Your phone is now connected to Jeep Wrangler.
How To Connect Phone To Jeep Wrangler- Non-Touchscreen Systems
If you have an older Jeep model that does not have a touchscreen like a 2017 or 2013 Jeep, you can still conveniently pair up your phone with it.
What you have to do is to turn on the voice recognition button and follow these steps through voice commands.
1. Setup> device pairing> pair a device.
2. Say the four-digit PIN code.
3. Speak the Bluetooth name of your mobile.
4. Set the priority level to one.
5. Select Uconnect from the mobile’s Bluetooth menu and type the four-digit PIN.
6. You have successfully paired your phone to Jeep.
Troubleshooting Bluetooth Jeep Wrangler Problems
If you are having problems connecting or syncing your phone with your Jeep, try the following tips to resolve pairing issues;
Check Device Visibility
The first and the foremost thing to do is to check that your phone’s Bluetooth is enabled and the Uconnect system is discoverable by other Bluetooth devices.
Restart Your Mobile
Though we could not get to the logic behind it, this hack seems to work most of the time. Just turn your phone off and try pairing it with Uconnect after you switch it on again.
Delete Bluetooth Pairing History
Sometimes your mobile’s Bluetooth is paired with many devices at a time, and you cannot discover Uconnect due to information overloading.
So, one hack for Jeep-phone connectivity troubles is to clear previous Bluetooth history and retry pairing with the SUV.
If none of the above hacks works, you will need to reset Jeep Uconnect to resolve the pairing issue. You can reset it in two ways;
1. Soft Reset
This is the quick reset option and does not erase your data and settings. To soft reset your Jeep’s Uconnect;
- Turn on the ignition system but in park mode.
- Press the volume key and turn the knob simultaneously for about 15 seconds.
- After a few seconds, the logo of your vehicle brand will flash on the screen then the system will shut down.
- A few moments later, the system will restart. The soft reset is complete, and you can now try to pair Bluetooth devices.
2. Hard Reset
If even the soft reset does not solve the problem, go for a hard reset. It will remove all data and settings you have made on the Uconnect system and restore the factory settings. However, it is significantly useful for solving connectivity problems.
Here is how you do that;
- Simultaneously hold both temperature buttons (hot, cold) for a few seconds.
- A pop-up will appear where you can select the reset option.
- Choose “restore factory defaults”, and the system will reset.
You should be able to get rid of any difficulties in Bluetooth connectivity with your Jeep, but if the problem still persists, it’s time to talk to a professional. Talk to the dealership or Jeep Customer service to get proper assistance on this issue.
Why won’t my phone connect to my Jeep Wrangler?
Sometimes pairing errors occur and your phone doesn’t seem to connect to Jeep. Such issues are usually resolved when you restart your mobile device or delete the pairing history and then try to reconnect. Also, make sure that both your vehicle system and phone are “discoverable.”
Is Jeep Uconnect free?
The Unconnect system is free and comes pre-installed in Jeep Wrangler. It operates normally, and you can connect it to your phone, enjoy music and get directions. However, for remote functions, you need to pay a monthly subscription for Uconnect Access which is $14.99 per month.
Can I start my Jeep with my phone?
Yes, you can start your Jeep with your phone using Uconnect Access. This vehicle system allows you to start the engine, lock and unlock the Jeep doors, turn lights on or off and activate the horn remotely using the Uconnect app from your phone.
How do I connect my iPhone to my 2013 Jeep Wrangler?
To connect an iPhone with a 2013 Wrangler, use voice commands to select “Pair Device” from the “Set up” menu and follow the prompt accordingly.
Also Read: Jeep Wrangler Factory Radio Specs
Jeep Wrangler comes with Uconnect, which gives you the opportunity to connect your phone to your SUV. In this way, you can stream multimedia, get navigation guidelines and take calls conveniently as you drive.
In newer models, use a touchscreen and in older models, use voice commands to pair up your mobile with Jeep Uconnect.
1 thought on “How To Connect Phone To Jeep Wrangler?”